Cape San Blas Florida on The Forgotten Coast
This week the featured community here at Emerald Coast by Owner is Cape San Blas, located along “The Forgotten Coast” in the Panhandle of Florida. The beautiful Cape San Blas is a long barrier peninsula that stretches for 17-miles, separating the Gulf of Mexico from St. Joseph Bay and is situated between Port St. Joe & Apalachicola.
The Cape has been referred to by many people as one of “Florida’s Best Kept Secrets” because of the seclusion it provides with the miles of beautiful white sugar sandy beaches, blue-emerald green waters featuring a gentle surf, along with much more natural beauty within the area.
About Cape San Blas
Cape San Blas is without a doubt a world class vacation destination. This is a secluded community in Gulf County, which has been sparsely populated and continues to remain that way presently. It wasn’t until the early 1970’s that residential development began on the Cape. With the local building and density restrictions, it has allowed Cape San Blas to primarily be single-family houses and townhomes. There is a height, along with commercial restrictions in place by the community, which eliminates the construction of high-rise condominium complexes and the crowded beaches, which provides you with the privacy you deserve on a vacation.
Honors & Notables of The Cape
- In 2002, Cape San Blas was Rated #1 Beach in the USA, by Dr. Beach.
- The St. Joseph Peninsula State Parks has been rated one of the best state parks, among the USA, as well as, one of the best beaches.
- In 2015, The Cape was voted the most dog friendly city across the nation.
- The Cape is one of Florida’s best diving and snorkeling areas, as it is home to amazing natural reefs, multiple shipwrecks and it’s full of marine life.
- World Class Fishing in both the Gulf & Bay.
Cape San Blas, Forgotten Coast, Florida
If you are looking for a world class vacation that provides seclusion and an abundant amount of natural beauty in the Gulf Coast, you should look at the Cape San Blas Rentals available in the community. Emerald Coast by Owner has partnered with several business owners with amazing vacation homes in the Cape. You won’t be disappointed!