During a press conference in Jacksonville today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the implementation of a “full” Phase I of his plan for reopening Florida beginning Monday, 5/18/2020.
- Counties can be considered to open short-term rentals by submitting a safety plan for review.
- All staff at long term care facilities will be tested, focusing on self-testing.
- Restaurants will be increased to 50% capacity while keeping with social distancing rules.
- Retail will also be allowed to increase to 50% capacity.
- Museums and Libraries to 50% capacity
- Gyms and fitness centers can operate while keeping with social distancing rules.
- Pro sports teams can train in Florida
- Amusement parks can submit plans to reopen with endorsement from local officials.
- Not opening movie theaters but drive through theaters are operating.
Short term vacation rentals remain banned until county plans can be considered and accepted. Efforts to overturn these stifling restrictions on short term rentals continues. We will keep you informed of any updates.